Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cross Tab Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
AntDC
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Quote AntDC Replybullet Topic: Cross Tab
     Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 7:20am
I have a cross tab..

Left column shows PRODUCTS.

for each product I show the Qty and value of items sold.  I show these vertically so it's like..

Product          Shop1             Shop2                etc
---------------------------------------------------------------
Beans           6           5
           £18.00      £15.00
Eggs           22          11
           £19.86       £9.93
Bread          10          20

           £11.10      £22.20

Now I want to show another column pertain ing to the product  I want this to be to the right of the existing product column.
However, when I add in the other column, the cross tab then repeats the Qty and value columns for that column also.
I know I could concatinate the 2 fields into 1 formula, but the ciolumns need to line up correcty and I can't pad accordingly because we use Tahoma font.

Any ideas.

Many thanks

DC

IP IP Logged
dovrlrd
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote dovrlrd Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 11:21am
I might be off base as to what you're really looking for, but since, I have gotten help here before, and I use crosstabs extensiviely, I might be able to help.
 
What do you mean by "Pertain to" is it just a description or does it provide a function?
 
It might be as simple as cntrl-right-clicking on the fields in the "New Column" and doing a Format object...Common...Suppress. In a crosstab, you can suppress a column. (Makes sure to get the title too.) If this was what you were trying to accomplish.
 
You might also want to Right Click the Crosstab object and try exploring the Crosstab Expert. Under customized style, there are tons of options.  The showlabels checkbox saved me days of work once. (It shows the Name of the Column from the database. So, for instance, in your case it might show Quantity and Price if those are the names of the columns.)
 
Hope this might help. I am mostly familiar with Crystal Reports 2008 in a ASP setting.
 
Good Luck.
IP IP Logged
AntDC
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Quote AntDC Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 11:43pm
Thanks.
Yeah - I tried suppressing the fiels but it leaves a lot of whitespace and you can only make the fields so small when in a cross tab.

Looks like I'll have to keep experimenting.

Thanks for the input

DC
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum