Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Including Blank Groups Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CHPW
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote CHPW Replybullet Topic: Including Blank Groups
     Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 6:38am
I am trying to perfect a report showing time recorded for activities on our system for various users.
I have groups in the report to split it by user, then by day of the week. The time is obtained from various formula summing the seperate time entries to give one total per activity per user, and then a grand total.
My problem is that if a user has not recorded any time one day, that day does not appear in the report under that person. Is there any way I can force Crystal to show me all of the days regardless of whether time has been recorded? I have tried to alter my table links but to no avail.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated as I'm nearing my wits end with this.
Thanks,
IP IP Logged
Jyothi Yepuri
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 11 May 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 127
Quote Jyothi Yepuri Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 3:51pm
You can try using SQL command (Query) to get all the days.

Jyothi

IP IP Logged
CHPW
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote CHPW Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 1:41am

Thanks for the suggestion Jyothi. Unfortunately, I've never used the SQL Commands in Crystal and the help files have left me a bit baffled. Any chance of a pointer in the right direction?

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 6:10am
on the database expert, above your table should be a line, Add Command, or something like that.  When you click on it, you can enter SQL retrieve data.  In your case, you need to 'create' data, since it doesn't exist in the database (at least not in a way that Crystal is looking for it).  Off-hand, nothing is coming to me on how to select a range of dates, but I am sure that their is something on line.
 
I get all of my data from stored procedures, and if I need 'extra' data, I create it there.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum