I am trying to create a summary report. Due to some software limitations of where I will be distributing the report, it cannot be create via an SQL statement and has to be created completely within Crystal Report. It should show the hours logged for a specific employee for a given date range. The problem is that the hours logged are stored in four different tables, depending if they are working on problems, incidents, etc.
I can get this to work using four subreports, grouped by table (problems, for example) then by date. So I get:
Problems
March 1
March 2
Incidents
March 1
March 2
What the users want it by date, then by record type:
March 1
Problems
Incidents
March 2
Problems
Incidents
I cannot figure out how to do this. It looks like I need to create a parent report grouped by day, that has four subreports showing each record type. However I can't figure out how to make the parent
report show the days without a table. Is there a way to use a formula to show a group for each day in the selected range, so that the subreports will run?