Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Number datatype Precision Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
atifce
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Oct 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote atifce Replybullet Topic: Number datatype Precision Problem
     Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 4:50am

I have used Number datatype in crystal report.
It has precision leve of 15 digits only.
All the digits after 15 digits are converted to ZERO (i.e. 0).

For example:
If I want to display a number: 8635468632416528.3652
then
crystal reports displays data as: 8635468632416520.0000
.

I am using oracle 10g database. I have checked my query as well, it is returning me the correct result.

I have also created a formula in crystal report and wrote this number,
 then I came to the conclusion that it is crystal report datatype precision problem.

Please let me know what should I do?
Is there any datatype in crystal report which can give greater precision?
Please advice?

Committment to Deliver Best Always
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 6:58am
I am going to guess "No".  There aren't many choices of variable naming, and in the help, selecting a numbervar and crystal will select the correct value.  To the best of my knowledge, there are no other numeric typed variables.
 
Sorry
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum