Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: It might be simple Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Rocquestar
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Rocquestar Replybullet Topic: It might be simple
     Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 2:40pm
Whew.  I've been burying myself in Crystal for any time that I can over the last few weeks, and I'm really excited about the prospect of what it can do for me.  And very happy to have found this forum too!

That said - I'm a Noob, so this could be a basic question.

I have a set of detail data that includes year & month as in:

2009 01 $150
2009 01 $700
2009 01 $240
2009 02 $115
2009 02 $235
2009 03 $650
2009 03   $50

and I have the grouping set up to give me the monthly and annual subtotals that I want, as in (given the above data):

2009 01  $1090
2009 02    $350
2009 03    $700
2009       $2140

so the group #1 is "Year", and group #2 is "Month"

But what I'd like to have is an annual header/footer to the "Year" group that has all the monthly totals also, formatted thusly:

"YEAR"  "Annual" "Month1" "Month2" "Month3"
(I'll put the column headers above in the page header or soemthing)

So the Group #1 footer is like this:

2009   $2140  $1090  $350  $700

But, when I put the group #2 subtotals into the Group #1 footer, they're subtotaled for the year, not individual months.

I'm a former programmer, so I understand code, but I can't figure out what, or where to put the code!  (I could write this in C, but I want Crystal to do it for me!!)  Also, I have a feeling that Crystal will do this natively.

Thanks in advance, for any help you can offer!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 3:02pm

In general Crystal does not like to display row based data in a column format.

Easiest way in this case is to use a Crosstab in the Header.
group the Column by the 'Year/Month' Field and set the Summarized Field to a SUM of the money field. No rows.


Edited by DBlank - 02 Oct 2009 at 3:04pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum