I am currently having an issue linking two tables in a report. When I generate the report, the records in the detail section become duplicated. To further explain, in one table I am looking for item numbers, transaction date and transaction quantity.
In the next, I am looking for item numbers, transaction dates, and shipment quantities.
In the last I am retrieving item numbers and descriptions.
The only fields that seem to be consistent between tables are the item numbers, so I am joining on that basis.
However, what ends up happening is this:
Item # Date Trans Qty Date Ship Qty
1001 (Grouping)
5/12/09 49000 5/20/09 20000
5/12/09 49000 5/28/09 12000
6/1/09 30000 5/20/09 20000
6/1/09 30000 5/28/09 12000
2001 (Group)
5/12/09 20000 5/5/09 20000
5/12/09 20000 5/19/09 12000
5/12/09 20000 6/5/09 15000
If you know why this is happening, or better yet, a way to fix it, I would greatly appreciate your help.