Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Number formating on Reports and Charts Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lfernandesfotos
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Jul 2009
Location: Brazil
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Quote lfernandesfotos Replybullet Topic: Number formating on Reports and Charts
     Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 11:46am
I have an old problem while formating my reports numbers. When working with the Datatype Number in CRXI the numbers, by default, are returned with the format '5,00'. I've changed the default report options to not show the decimal part, but in the client stations it still returns in this format '5,00'.
 
I tried to work with the number converted in text, replacing the ',00' string, but i don't think that is the right way.
 
The worst problem is that the numeric fields are displayed in a chart, where I don't have the option that allow me to change the format.
 
Somebody help me???
 
Thanks
Luiz Fernandes
lfernandesfotos@hotmail.com
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 11:57am

Did you try the following:

Add the number field to the report canvas.
Right click on it and select Format Field.
Click on the Numbers Tab
select the way you want it to appear by highlighting that format in the list
---likely you want the "-1123" or "-1,123" but you can also select the customize option and make changes if you do not see what you want---
Clcik on OK.
The format should be applied to that field when the report is run on any machine.
 
IP IP Logged
lfernandesfotos
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Jul 2009
Location: Brazil
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Quote lfernandesfotos Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 11:59am
You are right! But when I use the field in a chart I cannot use this resourse of format the field. The same happens in others situations where I need to work with numbers.
 
In the chart, the number comes with the decimals.
 
 
Luiz Fernandes
lfernandesfotos@hotmail.com
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 12:12pm
When you say chart what kind of chart do you mean?
Most of those can also be altered in similar ways so I am not sure which one is causing the problem.
IP IP Logged
lfernandesfotos
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Jul 2009
Location: Brazil
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Quote lfernandesfotos Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 12:37pm
I'm using the Stacked bar Chart. My X axys is the numeric field that vary from 0 to 23. The number is shown
 
 
 
 
0,00 1,00 2,00 3,00 ... 23,00
Luiz Fernandes
lfernandesfotos@hotmail.com
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 12:50pm

NOt sure what version you are using but try this.

In design mode single left click on any of the sample axis numbers to activate it.
Now right click and select Format Axis Label
Seelct the Number tab
change the "Decimal places:" option to Zero
IP IP Logged
lfernandesfotos
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Jul 2009
Location: Brazil
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Quote lfernandesfotos Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 12:59pm
I'm using the CR XI version. When i enter in Format Axis Label, I have just the Font sheet to manage, so, I cannot format the number.

Edited by lfernandesfotos - 29 Sep 2009 at 1:00pm
Luiz Fernandes
lfernandesfotos@hotmail.com
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 1:03pm
Try RightClick and Data (Y) Axis Settings / Numbers Tab.
If it is not there try and check around inside these other options ans see if you can find the setting.
I have v XI with the latest updates and that has the Numbers tab...
IP IP Logged
lfernandesfotos
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Jul 2009
Location: Brazil
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Quote lfernandesfotos Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 11:45am
I think that my CR is really out of date... I don't even know how to get it... The BO site doesn't allow me to register. It reads that it was already registered for another person...
 
Really dont know what to do... I'll just try to mask this.
Luiz Fernandes
lfernandesfotos@hotmail.com
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum