Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: linking Main & Subreport Parameters Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
carstowal
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 80
Quote carstowal Replybullet Topic: linking Main & Subreport Parameters
     Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 10:38am
CR9

Main Report Parameters:
CustID
PartID
DateRange

Subreport Parameters:
CustID
PartID
DateRange

When I link the Main Report Parameters to their corresponding Subreport Parameter and click Refresh, why is CR asking me to enter the data for the Subreport Parameters? 

I see CR created (3) newParameters in the Subreport:
Pm-?CustID
Pm-?PartID
Pm-?DateRange


I want it only to ask for the (3) Main Report Parameters and pass them to the Subreport
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 12:59pm
just to be sure, you are refreshing from the main report and not the subreport.  Further I am assuming that the checkbox is checked about selecting date based on the field, and lastly that the fields chosen are part of the selection criteria for the subreport.  I guess, the last thought, is, are you sure that CR is asking for the subreport and not for the main report?
 
It's been a while since I worked with subreports...I try to avoid them, and succeed in most cases...but usually if CR is asking for values, it doesn't have them.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
gise
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Location: Argentina
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote gise Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 7:59am

Hi, I have the same problem, in all reports that contains subrreport linked. CR 9 asking me to enter the data for all report that have Subreport Parameters.

 

This problem started when I update cr version from 8.5 to 9. if I delete subreport and I make it again it works fine.

 

We are analyzing if update or not crystal report, we are working in visual basic 6 whit RDC.

 

If this issue hasn’t solution we can´t update because we have to re do all subreports and we have lots.

 

Did you find any solution?

Any help that is provided is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!



Edited by gise - 06 Oct 2009 at 8:00am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum