Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Topic: Can you use two datasources in one report? Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 11:03am
Is it possible to have a report attached to two SQL databases that do NOT sit on the same physical server? They could even be in different parts of the US. I'm guessing the answer will be no because the report would time out trying to get data from the two databases. Any insight would be awesome.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 1:48pm
well, crystal isn't that smart, a datasource is a datasource. Is it a smart idea to design a report like that? I think you already answered it.
I believe that you can have multiple datasources, but it doesn't sound like the wisest of situations. I would prefer to have a stored proc that handles the data gathering from different datasources and return a single dataset.
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 1:58pm
I figured that was the case. We will have to look into the stored procedure (or maybe a view?) to collect the data in one place. Trust me, I never would have designed it this way. Thanks for the information!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum