Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Select Records from PageNumber Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
LittleDynamo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote LittleDynamo Replybullet Topic: Select Records from PageNumber
     Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 5:33am
Hi,
 
I have a tricky problem, whereby I need to separate records depending on how many pages they have.  Most records will only be 1 page long but occassionally it will overflow into two pages. For printing purposes I need to separate all of the records that have 2 pages.
 
I have a Formula Field called @2ndPage, which inserts the text"2nd Page" if there is more than one page.
 
I intended to use a parameter to select whether I wanted the single page records or the multi-page records, however I can't select records based on a formula field that contains PageNumber. I think this has something to do with records being selected in the first pass, whereas page numbers are added in a later pass.
 
Any thoughts?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 7:21am

1. I assume this is based on grouping. do you have a page break before/after this group because as soon as you remove data from the report it will change the rest of how the report is and the paging. If you do not have this new page set it becomes logically not possible to do what you want.

2. Is the paging based more on a record (row) count for that group or are there items set to can grow that impact the paging?
 
3. I am guessing this may have to do with trying to print items on 2 sides of the page but not if there it is a one page item (e.g. 1 page per group regardless of if it is front only or front and back.) If so here is a link for another option http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6302
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum