Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: null headings Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cmpgeek
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Quote cmpgeek Replybullet Topic: null headings
     Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 11:11am
What I am wanting to do is print our schedule with all the rooms in order, even if there are no cases scheduled in some of the rooms. 
Is there a trick to making this work?  I know I have tried it in the past (using 8.5) and could never get it to do what I wanted, but the "powers that be" are asking about it again so I thought I would check again now that I am using version 10.
 
Thanks,
Shannon
 
Crystal 8.5 / 10
Oracle 8.1.7.4 / 9i


Edited by cmpgeek - 21 Sep 2009 at 11:12am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 11:34am
You need source data (a table with all rooms listed) that you can left join to and then use that source data table for your grouping.

Edited by DBlank - 21 Sep 2009 at 11:35am
IP IP Logged
cmpgeek
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Quote cmpgeek Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 1:32pm

The software I am writing the report for is very not user friendly from this aspect…  There are no extra tables that we wont be using that I can modify for my needs, etc.  From a Crystal standpoint, is it possible to use tables from two different sources as long as I determine a constant between the two?

 

EX: Create a table in Excel or Access that would house all of the room names and then connect it to the ROOMS table within the software?
Nomi   
CR 10    
Oracle 9i
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 1:39pm
likely you can do this.
The other thing you are going to run into here is that you will likely be writing a select statement in crystal based on date parameters. This can re-exclude the items you just added back in via excel source.
Just a warning.
You also may consider using subreports.
Not sure how you have your report designed but perhaps you can use the main report as a grouping on the room where you have no select statement to limit the rooms from appearing so all will appear in the group 1 regardless of scheduling data or not.
In group footer add your sub report that would show the schedule. You would link on the room name and if nothing was scheduled you would have a blank sub report but your main report header would still be there.
Just another thought for an approach.


Edited by DBlank - 21 Sep 2009 at 1:41pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum