In our database we had to add a "9" in front of a handful of customer numbers because they were showing up in two different companies with the same customer ID. This was causing problems for our database. So I recently had to build a report to allow multiple users access to the information in the database and in order to do a look up they need to key in the customer number...
Now, because these customers have 9's in front of them only internally to our database I had to build a select formula to match them back to their original customer ID so they would pull on to the reports properly. This works fine in the report selector because I can use the formula as a criteria for selecting the customer.
However, I can't seem to build a parameter using the formula...How can I put a parameter on the report selector if I can't use the formula for the customer ID?
My other route was to use the customer name as the parameter but for some reason the parameter doesn't allow the large data set as a drop down, it stops after the D's... Any suggestions here?
Need more information - have any suggestions? Any help is appreciated!!
Thanks!