Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Running Total Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Vack
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote Vack Replybullet Topic: Running Total
     Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 7:50am
I'm creating a Profit and Loss statement. I have a running total that gives me my gross sales. I have Totals for each sales account and I have to give the percent of that total compared to the Gross amount.
 
Example of what I'm trying to do:
 
(GroupFooter3)   Sales 101        $100     25%
(GroupFooter3)   Sales 201        $200     50%
(GroupFooter3)   Sales 301        $100     25%
 
(GroupFooter1)   Gross Sales     $400 (Running total)
 
 
This is what I'm getting:
(GroupFooter3)   Sales 101        $100     100%
(GroupFooter3)   Sales 201        $200     66%
(GroupFooter3)   Sales 301        $100     25%
 
(GroupFooter1)   Gross Sales     $400 (Running total)
 
 
When I try and do a formula it uses the value of the running total at the detail line that its on and not the grand total. Reason I used the running total is I am selecting specific records to add from a detail section.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 8:05am
RT's only show what rows have been read up to the point in the report in which it was placed.
What is your condition for inclusion/exclusion per row?
Can you use a formula to include exclude and thendo a SUM on that formula?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum