Hi there
I'm using CR 2008 and having
performance issues when running a report.
There are 4 tables
tableA - 546,232 rows
tableB - 1,017,073 rows
tableC - 11,311 rows
tableD - 1,489 rows
tableC is the main table and is connected via indexes
to the other 3 tables.
The links are left outer joins since I need to gather all
relevant
data.
This report actually hangs and doesn't finish when processing
a 'large' data selection, on smaller ones <250k row selections it's fine and the report completes.
If over 250k rows the report hangs, locks the tables and forces the need
for a
server re-boot - very messy!
I've tuned this report quite extensively, introducing stored procedures
and looking at the data sets themselves, can't really pear it down any further,
is there anything on the CMC Server control that could be adjusted?
Could the cache and idle time be of any importance?
By the way this is reading from a SQL Server 2005
database using an ODBC connection.
Thanks
Canta