Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic parameters issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kirandb
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 69
Quote kirandb Replybullet Topic: Dynamic parameters issue
     Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:39am
I have about 10 parameters in my report which is been set by the stored procedure that i am accessing in the report. so my stored procedure takes all the 10 parameters. I need to hardcode 6 of those parameters. I tried setting the 6 parameters properties as "Do Not Show" and gave a default value. When I execute the report, it takes about a minute to fetch the results which is ok. when i triedto access the second page, it again starts processing and takes a while to display.
 
This issue was not there when all the 10 parameters were set to Editable mode. How do I tackle this issue ?
Thanks,
Kiran
share your knowledge
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 5:22pm
why not alter the SP to remove the params and replace them with the your "hard code" in the actual SP?
IP IP Logged
kirandb
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 69
Quote kirandb Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 5:44am
The SP is being used by other application. I can create another SP with a different name and do it but in that case i have to reassign all the report parameters to all the detail sections and change other properties which i am trying to skip. I just need to hide a few parameters by hard coding its values and make it invisible to the user. When I set the Show on (Viwerver)panel property to  "Do not show", it still shows on the viewer. I dont know why this property doesnt work for automatically generated params such as SP.
share your knowledge
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 7:02am

I have never tried using a defualt parameter.

I would create and use a new SP. Then I would "swap" the 2 out in the existing report. Make sure to remove the 6 params from any use in the report at all.
Here is a link on how to 'swap' your source without redoing the report. read the whole link.
 
IP IP Logged
kirandb
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 69
Quote kirandb Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 8:03am
Awesome, it works when i update the SP with a new one. Now my question is when i look at the properties and formulas, it still points to the old SP name which is fine since i am no longer using the old one. But in case if the old SP gets deleted from the database for some reason in future, will my report still work ?
share your knowledge
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 8:08am
Hmmm.
Never tried that so I don't know. I rarely delete SPs or views as I don't know where they might be being used.
If you get industrious and want to test that theory out. If so please post the results... If I get time later I'll do the same.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum