Joined: 26 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Topic: Link table to formula result Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 9:48pm
I have two tables which holds some of the same infromation, except one holds the location field as its name (Trading), and the other holds it as the location ID (JS001).
If I create a formula to say if location ID = JS001 then "Trading".......
How can I link the database table "Trading" to the new formula "trading"?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:03pm
You have to do this before the data gets into crystal. If your source allows for it you can do it there (e.g. a SQL view or stored proc) or you can do it in a Command in crystal using a CASE statement. That being said are you sure you do not have a way to join these? Most DB architecture would account for this. Maybe an intermediate table that both join to?
Joined: 26 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:19pm
Ok, different tactic. I have a common field in another table, however it is a string field, where the other table has the same info as a "number" field.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum