Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Group Footer too lengthy - data will not show Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Cindy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Quote Cindy Replybullet Topic: Group Footer too lengthy - data will not show
     Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 11:01am
ShockedHello,
 
I can't figure this out.  I have data in the group footer which displays fine until the group footer gets rather lenghty and then no data appears.
Why?  How can I get around it?
 
I tested with one smaller report and data was displayed (group footer) and then I increased the size and the same problem, once increased nothing displays in the group footer. 
 
I don't want to have to redo hours of work.
 
Thanks in advance!!!
 
Cindy
 
Cindy
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 11:28am
are you sure it is not just pushing it to the next page rather than making it disappear?
IP IP Logged
Cindy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Quote Cindy Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 11:39am
OH yes, your are correct!  I don't see anything on the screen but when I print....over 100 pages.
 
Now I realize I don't want it in the group footer as I only want the data to print once.  Rookie mistake, data unnecessarily repeating itself
 
Should I move the data to the report footer?  And if so, without manually redoing (or cut & paste) can I migrate the data from the group footer to report footer?
 
Can I trick it and rename the sections? Shocked
Cindy
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 11:52am

Likely you want it in the report footer.

try and right click in the section name and choose "Select all section objects".
single right click once on the upper most lef thand corner field and select cut (this is now the "anchor point" for the cut a paste).
expand the report footer so everything will fir.
right click and paste in the footer.
Point and click in the report footer at teh same spot of the field you used as an anchor in the group footer.
If you do not get the COPY option it means at least one field is not allowed to be copied and you would need to deslect that uising CTRL+ right click.
make sense?
IP IP Logged
Cindy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Quote Cindy Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 12:06pm
Thank You as I will try immediately!
Cindy
IP IP Logged
Cindy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Quote Cindy Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 12:10pm
It only copies 1 record.
Cindy
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 1:30pm

Sorry, just got out of a long meeting ....

Probably when you right click on the one field it is dropping all the others.
 
After you select all the fields you can just use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+v to paste, just hard to tell where the anchor is when you paste.
You can also try and highlight it all and just drag it into the new RF section.
You can also click and drag a box around multiple fields and just move those instead of all.
Ctrl + left click on allows for multiple record sselction also.
Did any of these work?
IP IP Logged
Cindy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Quote Cindy Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 12:01pm
Thanks again for your assistance! The multiple selection worked!
Now I have a new problem. LOLLOL
 
I copied all to the report footer and receive a message...
Page header and page footer is too large for page.
 
I guess I can insert an additional page footer? Anyway I can increase the default section size?
Cindy
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 12:14pm
Sorry...you need it on the Report Footer not the Page Footer.
The report footer will expand to allow multiple pages as needed but the Page Footer will not.
Hopefully this just gives you more practice with cutting and pasting multiple objects and is not a big deal Thumbs%20Up
IP IP Logged
Cindy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Quote Cindy Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 12:27pm
Good thing I checked the design before replying as I was going to insist I do have it on the report footer.  That is where I thought and alas....
I did put it on the page header.
I will have no problem now that I can multipe select..Great tip. Thanks again!!!Clap
Cindy
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum