Topic: Missing footer data Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 12:07pm
Hey there. I'm a hobbyist playing about with crystal reports in vs2008 and for some reason I can't get any data to show up in the report footer or page footer. If I put a text box in there it's fine but no data. I'm manually filling a typed dataset and passing it to the report, the information gets there as I have a duplicate on the header to check and it shows fine up there. Also I have sum(collumn) in the footer and that also shows fine. Can anyone halp me or is it just something I can't do?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 2:13pm
generally speaking if you just drop a data field on a footer it will show the value from the last record in your data set (or last row of a group in a GF).
You probably have NULL or " " values as a last row.
If you create a formula field as Maximum(table.somefield) and place that on the report footer you should get a value to show up.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum