Topic: Closing line not appearing on Table split Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 4:16am
I am using Crystal Reports (Visual Studio 2005 version).
The structure is as follows:
Main Report Details Section has a Sub-Report embedded.
The sub-report has:
One Group Header
-<For Table Column Header i.e. to repeat on every page of group>
-<Group is not kept together and ‘Repeat Group Header on Each Page’ is Checked>
One Details section<For Table Data Rows>
Lines have been drawn manually to give table like appearance.
Problem: When this table has lot of data and extends to more than one page in the main report the bottom line of the table gets truncated in the every page except the last page where the table actually closes.
Is there any specific reason for this truncation? How to circumvent this problem?
Joined: 11 May 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 127
Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 5:15pm
Use borders for fields instead of lines or draw box for the group and under format check Extend to bottom of the section when printing
I have used borders for my fields
group header : top,right,left, bottom borders
details : left, right borders
if you require every group as a separate section place a text box in Group footer with top border
otherwise place it in Report footer.
I did try using Borders by using box in Group header and details sections (instead of lines) with 'Extend to the Bottom of the Section' applied.
It doesn't seem to solve the problem. Any other suggestions ?
The line is drawn in the Details section along with the data. (not in a seperate details section B).
The problem occurs when displaying through Main report.
I did notice one more thing though:
Along with the present line in details section, I drew another line in a seperate details section B. So totally there are 2 lines drawn now.
For this setup, one single line was coming at the bottom of the page (which is what I wanted), but when details section was printing in other than bottom, 2 lines were coming.
Further more, to identify which line was coming at the bottom of the page I added color.I found out that the line in Details section Section B was hidden/suppressed and the line drawn along with data was coming.
If only one line is drawn this line is suppressed/hidden at bottom of the page.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 11:08am
I have noticed "fuzzy" edges of subreport bottoms but never really cared much about it.
I would try and mess with the format with Keep object together, close border on page breaks, and keep objects togther in the sub report design to see fi they have any impact.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum