Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Getting the right time added shown Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Elisha83
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Elisha83 Replybullet Topic: Getting the right time added shown
     Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 12:13am
Hi there~
 
I need help on getting the right added time shown. Below is the output I needed.
 
Start time : 10.30am
Repair time : 4.15 hours
 
Output wanted : 2.45pm
Output I get : 2.00pm
 
 
I only manage to get the hour shown correct. How can I make the minute shown correct too?Below are my formula.
 
DateAdd ("h", {ASSIGNS.ESTREPAIRHRS}+hour({ASSIGNS.STARTTIME}),{ASSIGNS.SCHEDDATE})
 
 
 
Please kindly advice on how I should type the formula in order to get the correct time shown?
 
 
 
Thanks in advance~
 
 
 
Elisha Big%20smile


Edited by Elisha83 - 10 Sep 2009 at 9:13pm
3Lish@
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 7:06am
try using minutes. you only added hours (though I would have 2:30...and shouldn't it be 2:45?)
 
 
IP IP Logged
Elisha83
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Elisha83 Replybullet Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 7:04pm
Sorry my mistake.The output that I wish to get is 2.45pm. If I change the formula below to minutes, it shows the wrong time. 
  
DateAdd ("n", {ASSIGNS.ESTREPAIRHRS}+minute({ASSIGNS.STARTTIME}),{ASSIGNS.SCHEDDATE})
 
 
Is there any other way I can write the formula to add up the time?
 
Urgently need help on this.
 
 
 
Thanks in advance~
 
 
ElishaSmile
3Lish@
IP IP Logged
Jyothi Yepuri
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 11 May 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 127
Quote Jyothi Yepuri Replybullet Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 8:25pm
try
DateAdd ("n", ({ASSIGNS.ESTREPAIRHRS}*60)+minute({ASSIGNS.STARTTIME}),{ASSIGNS.SCHEDDATE})

is {ASSIGNS.ESTREPAIRHRS} no of hours?

Jyothi
IP IP Logged
Elisha83
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Elisha83 Replybullet Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 10:47pm
Jyothi,
 
I try the formula already. But it gives me the wrong time also. {ASSIGNS.ESTREPAIRHRS} is number of hours enter by user.
3Lish@
IP IP Logged
Jyothi Yepuri
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 11 May 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 127
Quote Jyothi Yepuri Replybullet Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 11:02pm
try to convert 4.15 hours into minutes i.e 255minutes
and add those minutes to your {ASSIGNS.SCHEDDATE}

what exactly user enters? 4.15 hours or any datetime value?

Jyothi
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 6:14am
if the user enters the number of hours, you will need to multiple that number by 60 when you add by minutes.  Once you have a time, you can interpret it however you want to...display it.
 
so, this should work:
DateAdd ("m", {ASSIGNS.ESTREPAIRHRS}*60,{ASSIGNS.STARTTIME})
 
this adds the estimated time to the start time....which should give the completed time.  I don't know if adding the schedule date gets you a better number...if it is just a date, without time, then it shouldn't matter, but given the output desired, I wouldn't bother with date part.
IP IP Logged
Elisha83
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Elisha83 Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 5:49am
lockwelle,
 
I have test your formula.But it gives me error.
 
DateAdd ("m", {ASSIGNS.ESTREPAIRHRS}*60, {ASSIGNS.STARTTIME} )
 
It says that my assigns.starttime should be date value. But i try to put the date({assigns.startime}) formula, it still gives me error.
 
Anyway, it doesnt matter now. I manage to get the hour and minutes separately, but problem is my AM and PM show wrongly.
 
What kind of formula I should write to convert 10:30PM to 22:30?Please advice. Really URGENTLY need help on this.
 
 
Thanks in advance~
 
 
ElishaSmile
3Lish@
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 6:26am
totext({dateTimeField}, "MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm")  found in CR help file.
IP IP Logged
Elisha83
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Elisha83 Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 2:08am
Thanks a lot lockwelle~ I manage to settle the report already. Really appreciate your help. Big%20smile
 
 
Thanks to Jyothi also for giving me some clue on how to do it. Smile
 
 
 
Have a nice day~
 
 
 
 
 
Elisha
3Lish@
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum