Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Multiple Groups--how to pick and choose Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 8:25am

I would build it there. You might be able to move it to the header later after you confirmed it function in the footer



Edited by DBlank - 04 Sep 2009 at 8:40am
IP IP Logged
lahorichick
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Quote lahorichick Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 8:36am
ok I'm back with this one...lol gonna get started with the cross-tab...
IP IP Logged
lahorichick
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Quote lahorichick Replybullet Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 5:45am
so..Phase I of this report is complete.  The report only pulls of instances where employee Names on a given WO are different.
 
Phase II.
 
To compile data per employee Name
showing the # of Inv. that they are mentioned on - and a ton of data that will be pulled.
 
I was thinking using a cross tab - because- I can't regroup the report otherwise the data would be at risk...
 
I started with the cross tab report
Rows:
Name
Invoice Date (grouped per month)
 
Columns : blank...
 
Summarizes:
Invoice Amount
Invoice Balance
Cost
 
Questions:
- Is it possible to use a summary that appears in a cross tab in a formula, if yes, then how?
 
 
IP IP Logged
lahorichick
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Quote lahorichick Replybullet Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 6:27am
ok..so for now Phase II cross-tab report is on pause.
 
I couldn't figure it out..
 
so I want ahead to Phase II "new report + subreport " method
 
I created a new report- where Phase II will house (the layout, grouping that I want)  and places Phase I as a subreport in it....looks ok so far....should that work?..its running right now...going to take min 15mins...lets see...
 
but does the method/thought look right..should it pull up the info?
IP IP Logged
lahorichick
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Quote lahorichick Replybullet Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 7:11am
ok so it worked...created phase II with Phase I as a sub report
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 7:12am
Thumbs%20Up
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum