Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Linking twice to same table Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
elie234
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 68
Quote elie234 Replybullet Topic: Linking twice to same table
     Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 1:14pm
This problem involves 3 tables-x,y,z.
Right now they are linked x->y->z.
My problem is I think I have a field in x and z that I also need to link. I get an error when I try to also link x->z/ Is there any way to do that?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 6:45am
you should be able to.  if the fields are the same type, I think that Crystal will allow x->z and x->y->z.  It has been an awfully long time since I used the linker, so I could be wrong.
 
Perhaps others have more recent experience.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 7:14am
I believe that it depends on the source type but you can do this full loop with SQL source ... although I am not sure that is what you want to do. That can get very screwy lopping around like that.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum