Hi anybody help to solve this problem:
I have a report designed using crystal reports 9.0 version and I am using this in my .Net windows application with backend database Advantage Database Server 7.1 (ADS 7.1 – file based database). I am accessing this report through my application using ADS OLEDB Provider.
In my report I added some of tables from database to report to show some of the fields as columns on that report. While creating connection to the database, the server type property I had given is: ADS_LOCAL_SERVER|ADS_REMORTE_SERVER.
I installed ADS Server, client on my machine where the application is running. Whenever I accessed the report I am getting a Login in screen for database.
If I stopped the ADS Server on my machine I am able to print the report
or
If I changed the server type property in report as “ADS_LOCAL_SERVER” Or ”ADS_LOCAL_SERVER||ADS_REMORTE_SERVER” then I am able to print report
My question is:
What is the difference between ADS_LOCAL_SERVER|ADS_REMORTE_SERVER and ADS_LOCAL_SERVER||ADS_REMORTE_SERVER and why I am able to print the report when my ADS Server stopped.