Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Moving Point Average Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CAWA
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote CAWA Replybullet Topic: Moving Point Average
     Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 6:53pm
I have previously posted this problem and no solution was found - so I thought I would try againConfused
I am using crystal v9.
I need to chart the moving point average for a period of 15 points.
The data is pretty straight forward - ie
 
Sample No               Result           Moving Point Average
1                                   20                       20
2                                   28                       24 (Average of S1+S2)
3                                   10                       19 (Average of S1+S2+S3)
4                                   18                       19 (Average of S1+S2+S3+S4)
.                                     .
.                                     .
.                                     .
.                                     .
.                                     .
15                                 50                         16 (Average of S1...S15)
16                                 62                         18 (Average of S2....S16)
17                                 33                         21 (Average of S3...S17)
 
The data is generally only manipulated after the first 14 sets of data (ie for a 15pt average)  Then the average is only done on the last 15 data points.  I can be easily done through Excel as a trendline on the chart - surely it can also be done in crystal
Can anyone help with the code to do this and how to chart both the result and moving point average on one chart.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum