Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: summarizing & shared variables Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
KNielsen
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote KNielsen Replybullet Topic: summarizing & shared variables
     Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 5:03pm
I want to use a variable from a subreport in the main report. I've passed it through with a shared variable. But anytime I put it into a formula that includes database fields and try to summarize it (either with the sum function or using the UI to create a summary field), crystal will not allow this.
 
I tried wrapping the shared variable in a global variable, but this doesn't work either.
 
Any other tricks?
 


Edited by KNielsen - 27 Aug 2009 at 5:07pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum