Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Dynamic Paramaters Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 4:39am
Hi all,
I'm new to the world of Crystal and wonder if I might ask what's hopefully a simple question please:
I have a number of reports for which I'd like to produce dynamic parameters - the list of values can't be pulled straight from the relevant table as some of them are soft deleted, which is indicated by an boolean attribute either set to 0 or 1.
So for example, I may want to produce a dynamic list consisting of Names pulled from a table:
Bob Jones John Smith
but in the table the list will appear like:
Analyst_Name Deleted Bob Jones 0 John Smith 0 Joe Bloggs 1
As Joe has been soft deleted, I don't want him in the parameter list - any ideas how I could achieve this please?
Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 4:22am
OK, I wrote a View to return the names that aren't soft deleted correctly. When I select it as a Data Source for my paramater, it returns the expected results.
But when I run the report, I see: "cannot determine the queries necessary to get data for this report"
The view itself is not linked to any tables within the Database Diagram - dunno if this makes a difference?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum