We have a form report that has checkboxes. I created a crystal report to print that form. I have found part of the syntax for displaying a box with no check if value in field =0, and if the value in field =1 to display a box with a check (using wingdings font). The report runs fine but when it runs into a value of null it does not do anything. I would like it to display a box with no check when a null is encountered. Below is what works for checked and unchecked but will no display anything if value is null. What am i missing? Can this be done? Is ther an easier way to do this? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
chr (168) = box with no check
chr (254) =box with check
Syntax 1
If ({field})=1 Then (chr (254))
Else
If ({field})=0 Then (chr (168))
Below will work but some of these field have default values set to False which shows up as a 0, so it displays a box with a check as I told it to do so indicated by the else chr (254).
Syntax 2
If IsNull({field})
Then
chr(168)
Else
chr (254)