Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Page Break with Multiple Detail Sections Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Frank in VA
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote Frank in VA Replybullet Topic: Page Break with Multiple Detail Sections
     Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 8:23am
Hi All,
I am trying to keep three detail sections together when there's a page break.  I have set the "Keep Together" option on a group level but that's not helping me.  The "Details b" section is only displaying when it has a value, otherwise it is suppressed.  Currently my report is breaking when ever it likes, sometimes leaving the "Details a" at the bottom of one page and placing the "Details c" section at the top of the next new page. 
 
Is there a way where I can either count printed lines or use a variable to determine when to break to a new page?  I checked the CRXI User Guide and it mentions using a formula but I am not understanding the process, nor do I know how to determine where I am on a page.  Thanks in advance for your help!
Frank
 
 
Frank
IP IP Logged
Frank in VA
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote Frank in VA Replybullet Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 11:00am
I think I just figured out how to control this.  I opened the Section Expert again and noticed that the Details Section had a "parent" section titled just "Details".  I selected "Keep Together" on this level instead of on the "Details a" ...etc., and this seemed to solve my problem.  Thanks for reading this post.  Until next time!
 
Frank
Frank
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum