Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Need help with a formula please Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Jyri
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Location: Finland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Jyri Replybullet Topic: Need help with a formula please
     Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 12:56am
Hey everyone,
 
Can someone please help me with a formula.
 
What I need is to eliminate records from my report from a string that startswith 'DUN'.
 
I know that if I just want to take records that start with 'DUN' then I just put : {Customercomplaintcode} startswith 'DUN'
 
but what if I want to exclude just those records that startswith 'DUN' 
 
Thank you in advance,
 
Jyri
IP IP Logged
Jyri
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Location: Finland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Jyri Replybullet Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 4:32am
Okay..already solved this. Not the way I wanted but it's working.
 
First I did a formula named {exclude} : left({CUSTCOMPLAINT.COMPLNTCODE},3)
 
after that putted to record : {exclude}<>'DUN' 
 
Still would be nice to know what is the opposite for formula "startswith"
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 7:38am

In your select expert you could use:

NOT (left({CUSTCOMPLAINT.COMPLNTCODE},3)='DUN')
IP IP Logged
ChristineM
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote ChristineM Replybullet Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 9:53am
How about "does not start with" in the selection criteria?
Christine M
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 10:10am
not ({CUSTCOMPLAINT.COMPLNTCODE} startswith 'DUN')
IP IP Logged
Jyri
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Location: Finland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Jyri Replybullet Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 1:09am
Yes, that's what I was looking for  : not ({CUSTCOMPLAINT.COMPLNTCODE} startswith 'DUN')
 
 
Thank you !
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum