Home
Crystal Reports Training
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports .NET
Crystal Reports Forum
News
Tech Support
Active Topics
Memberlist
Search
Help
Register
Login
Report Design
Crystal Reports Forum
:
Crystal Reports 9 through 2022
:
Report Design
Topic: Need help with a formula please
Author
Message
Jyri
Newbie
Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Location: Finland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Topic: Need help with a formula please
Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 12:56am
Hey everyone,
Can someone please help me with a formula.
What I need is to eliminate records from my report from a string that startswith 'DUN'.
I know that if I just want to take records that start with 'DUN' then I just put : {Customercomplaintcode} startswith 'DUN'
but what if I want to exclude just those records that startswith 'DUN'
Thank you in advance,
Jyri
IP Logged
Jyri
Newbie
Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Location: Finland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 4:32am
Okay..already solved this. Not the way I wanted but it's working.
First I did a formula named {exclude} : left({CUSTCOMPLAINT.COMPLNTCODE},3)
after that putted to record : {exclude}<>'DUN'
Still would be nice to know what is the opposite for formula "startswith"
IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 7:38am
In your select expert you could use:
NOT (left({CUSTCOMPLAINT.COMPLNTCODE},3)='DUN')
IP Logged
ChristineM
Newbie
Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 9:53am
How about "does not start with" in the selection criteria?
Christine M
IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 10:10am
not ({CUSTCOMPLAINT.COMPLNTCODE} startswith 'DUN')
IP Logged
Jyri
Newbie
Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Location: Finland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 1:09am
Yes, that's what I was looking for :
not ({CUSTCOMPLAINT.COMPLNTCODE} startswith 'DUN')
Thank you !
IP Logged
Printable version
Forum Jump
-- Select Forum --
Announcements
Talk with the Author
Self-Publishing
Job Postings
New feature request
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Technical Questions
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Xcelsius
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
You
cannot
post new topics in this forum
You
cannot
reply to topics in this forum
You
cannot
delete your posts in this forum
You
cannot
edit your posts in this forum
You
cannot
create polls in this forum
You
cannot
vote in polls in this forum
HOME
|
FREE EBOOK
|
PROGRAMMING GUIDE
|
PURCHASE
|
REVIEWS
|
CONTACT ME
|
FAQ
|
LINKS
|
PRIVACY
|
CLICK PLAYS
|
BAEZL
© 2004-2026 Brian Bischof. All Rights Reserved.