Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cross Tab Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
huddy33
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Quote huddy33 Replybullet Topic: Cross Tab Help
     Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 7:12am
I am working on a report that is displaying the results of an online survey.  Based on the way the end user wants to see the data, I am having one heck of a time.  There is a main table (meeting) linked to meeting_survey to meeting_surveyanswers.  The data I need is in the meeting_surveyanswers table.  The two fields I am using are questiontext and answertext.  There are 14 questions in the survey and all of those are housed in the one questiontext field.  The answers are coded (i.e. Yes =1, No=2, or text such as "Unknown," Their Name, etc.) in the answertext field. 

I need the report to look like this and it needs to be exported to excel:

                  Q1  Q2  Q3  Q4
TestName  1     1     1     2 

I've tried the cross tab feature and have to suppress a bunch of summary fields since a cross tab requires you to have one.  What I am currently getting is the survey taker's name on the left, but then the answer type (i.e. 1, 2, 4, Unknown, etc.) is showing on the left as a symbol of the answer type and then the summary (number) is throwing a "1" for each occurrence of the answer type on the left. 

I am really at a loss here.  Any help is appreciated!


IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 7:29am
CAn you post some sample row level data?
IP IP Logged
huddy33
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Quote huddy33 Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 7:40am
Originally posted by DBlank

CAn you post some sample row level data?


I am not sure how to post that easily.  Here's a jpeg.

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 7:56am
Sorry, can't see these while I am at work (filtered).
Anyone else what to jump in here or I can check this later tonight.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum