Home
Crystal Reports Training
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports .NET
Crystal Reports Forum
News
Tech Support
Active Topics
Memberlist
Search
Help
Register
Login
Technical Questions
Crystal Reports Forum
:
Crystal Reports 9 through 2022
:
Technical Questions
Topic: Share parameters n commands
Author
Message
Taha
Newbie
Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Location: United Arab Emirates
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Topic: Share parameters n commands
Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 6:08am
First of all sorry if the question is dumb or if the syntax/vocabulary is not right (still kinda new to CR)
Here is my case:
I have a report, with one data source.
Within this report I need to list some numbers (basically just a count) of a number of objects within 2 given dates (so far, easy)
When I build my first query, the start date and end date are both parameters that are provided by the user.
Basically I need to use the same dates for all my counts (joining tables is not really an option):
in other words:
select count(documents) from Documents where date between 'start' and 'end'
select count (ticket) from Tickets where date between 'start' and 'end'
I want to avoid having the user input the same values twice.
I'm thinking this case must have stroke someone before and I'm looking on advice on the best way to proceed.
Thanks in advance.
T.
IP Logged
Taha
Newbie
Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Location: United Arab Emirates
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 11:42pm
ANy Ideas anyone ?
Can parameters be shared between many data sources at all ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
T.
IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 7:26am
Are you suing subreports or not here?
IP Logged
Taha
Newbie
Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Location: United Arab Emirates
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 8:37am
Just using the same input parameters in many queries from different datasources and compiling everything inone report.
I would expect tough that the same case would apply for sub-reports.
IP Logged
Printable version
Forum Jump
-- Select Forum --
Announcements
Talk with the Author
Self-Publishing
Job Postings
New feature request
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Technical Questions
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Xcelsius
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
You
cannot
post new topics in this forum
You
cannot
reply to topics in this forum
You
cannot
delete your posts in this forum
You
cannot
edit your posts in this forum
You
cannot
create polls in this forum
You
cannot
vote in polls in this forum
HOME
|
FREE EBOOK
|
PROGRAMMING GUIDE
|
PURCHASE
|
REVIEWS
|
CONTACT ME
|
FAQ
|
LINKS
|
PRIVACY
|
CLICK PLAYS
|
KONACAD
© 2004-2026 Brian Bischof. All Rights Reserved.