Joined: 17 May 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: select date as parm Posted: 17 May 2007 at 6:52pm
I am new to CR XI. I have a table with a date in the format date/time
mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss. I need to be able to prompt for a date and select anything less than or equal to that date. I need the date formatted on the report as yyyymmdd. I tried to create a parm and kept getting error message invalid date? How can I achieve what I need?
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 18 May 2007 at 12:31am
Without seeing your report, I don't know why you are getting an error with the date parameter. Make sure you are entering it in the correct format or you can use the DateTime button to the right for selecting the date.
To filter on the date parameter, choose the menu options Report | Record Selection. Specify the date field and set it to be less than the parameter field.
To show the date paramter in the format you want, drag and drop it onto the report and right-click it and select Format Field. Then you can tell it how to format the date parameter using the list it gives you.
Since you are new to CR, you should read the free chapters on this website. It will give you lots of good information on how to do the things you want to do.
Edited by BrianBischof - 18 May 2007 at 12:32am
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum