Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Login twice before running a report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Sheila
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Sheila Replybullet Topic: Login twice before running a report
     Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 4:56am
Hi Folks
I am using Crystal Reports Designer ver 11.0.0.895.
My problem is that if I F5 (refresh) I am asked to login off a screen called 'OLE DB (ADo) Connection Information' and once I have keyed in my password I am then presented with another login screen called 'Enter Values'   This screen then shows me my SQL server name and Db and I have to key in the same user name and password that I keyed in originally.   Only after I have got past  this 2nd lot of logins do I actually get to my parameter screen where I can now filter my report.
 
The strange thing is that it does not happen to all my reports and I've been doing comparisons to try and establish the difference and I can't narrow it down.   Most of my reports have SQL views as well as Microsoft Dynamics GP tables linked in them.
 
Has anyone got a suggestion for me please?
Many thanks
Sheila
 
Sheila
IP IP Logged
Sheila
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Sheila Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 6:24am
Hi again
 
After much toil and sweat I've found the answer.
 
In the 'OLE DB (ADO) Connection Information' screen my sql server name was in lowercase.   All the other reports that work fine had the sql server name in captials.   So, against all logic because my SQL install is a case insensitive installation, I browsed on to the sql server name and chose the sql server with the name in captial letters.
That has solved the problem - imagine that!
 
I've posted this solution as maybe it can help someone else.
Chow
Sheila
 
Sheila
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum