| Author |
Message |
vpriyanka2001
Groupie
Joined: 28 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
|

Topic: Crystal Reports Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:34am |
|
Need help from the Crystal Gurus,
My Customer is already using a report in which the Parameter Field has START Date and End Date, now she wants to see the same Start date and End Date field on the Report.
Current report does ask for the parameter but does not Display them on Report.
When I right click on EDIT parameter and see The Type used in Parameter for the Date is "Date".
Any Idea how can I DISPLAY the dates on report.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
gavsmith
Newbie
Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
|

Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:47am |
|
You should just be able to drag the parameter fields onto the report, unless I'm reading your question wrong. Hope that helps.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:53am |
If you are using only one parameter for both dates you need to create two formula fields to display them
Start Date as...
Minimum({?Date}
End date as ....
Maximum({?Date}
Now you can use these as any other field and drag and drop.
|
IP Logged |
|
vpriyanka2001
Groupie
Joined: 28 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
|

Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 9:55am |
|
I have an already Existing report, it is getting data straight from the table. Reissue Dates is the parameter used with Type as Date.
When I refresh the report it ask me a Date Range (Start Date & End Date) I want to display the Start date and end date on my report but unable to do that as when I Drag the date parameter on Page Header (It shows Blank)
Selection Formula for record has this criteria:
{audit.action} = "ISSUEREISSUE" and {audit.action_qualifier} = "REOPOLICY" and {audit.updatedate} = {?Reissue Dates}
................................. I tried to create a Command Field (eg) select updatewho, ISN, Action, action_qualifier, updatedate from Audit where updatedate = {?Begin Date} and updatedate ={?End Date}.
Now I can Drag Begin Date and End Date to my Page header but when I refresh I see 4 Date parameters.
I tried to remove (?Reissue Dates Parameter) but cannot do that so thought of Changing.
"Selection Formula for record has this criteria:
{audit.action} = "ISSUEREISSUE" and
{audit.action_qualifier} = "REOPOLICY" and
{audit.updatedate} = {?Begin date} and {audit.updatedate} = {?End date}
After I changed the criteria I cannot see data.
I hope I am able to explain my situation.
Basically after creating Command writing SQL, now I have 3 Parameters to enter and I need 2 only.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 9:59am |
in the original report use my post from above...
If you are using only one parameter for both dates you need to create two formula fields to display them
Start Date as...
Minimum({?Reissue Dates}
End date as ....
Maximum({?Reissue Dates}
Now you can use these as any other field and drag and drop into the header to display the date range. Edited by DBlank - 06 Aug 2009 at 10:00am
|
IP Logged |
|
vpriyanka2001
Groupie
Joined: 28 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
|

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 6:24am |
|
Hi,
I am able to create Start date and End Date parameters but my problem is I cannot remove the parameter: App ENtered Dates and now when I refresh I see 3 Prompts : App Entered date, Start Date and End date.
Is there any way I can suppress the start date and end date parameter on refresh and still use them on my page header.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 6:46am |
No.
In order for any data to appear in any field that references a paramter the parameter must have a value entered at runtime.
|
IP Logged |
|
vpriyanka2001
Groupie
Joined: 28 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
|

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 8:45am |
|
Ooh Ok,
Just another question.
I have one Parameter Field named as Reissue Dates, this parameter is used in In Selection Formulas It's picked as Record Selection:
{audit.action} = "ISSUEREISSUE" and {audit.action_qualifier} = "REOPOLICY" and {audit.updatedate} = {?Reissue Dates}
The parameter is named as: Reissue Dates, Type used is Dates and List of values static and in Value Options allow range as : TRUE.
I am unable to create a formula, I would really appreciate your help. The field name for the date I am using is : audit.updatedate. Thanks,
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 8:52am |
So you need a select satement that gives you a range instead of 1 day?
{audit.action} = "ISSUEREISSUE" and {audit.action_qualifier} = "REOPOLICY" and {audit.updatedate} in minimum({?Reissue Dates}) to maximum({?Reissue Dates})
|
IP Logged |
|
vpriyanka2001
Groupie
Joined: 28 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
|

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 9:10am |
|
select updatewho, ISN, Action, action_qualifier, updatedate from Audit where (what criteria i NEED HERE) TO GET 2 DATE PROMPTS.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|