Joined: 09 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Searching memo or blob fields Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 7:52am
I would like to select records based on the appearance of a word in a blob or memo field. Any suggestions? The memo field name is 'FDC_Trips.narrative' Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 7:30pm
It depends on which version of Crystal you're using. I know that will work in XI, won't work in 8.5 and lower because Crystal will only read the first 250 characters, and I'm not sure about 9 and 10.
Joined: 09 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 9:47pm
Right now I am using 8.5, but soon will be upgrading to, I think, 11. For now, I'm exporting the report to a text document and using "Find" to select records with the word I'm looking for. I was hoping to write a report that would return only the records with that word in the field. Thanks, Bill
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum