Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Group Header Footer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jakbo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote jakbo Replybullet Topic: Suppress Group Header Footer
     Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 4:22pm
Hello,

I developed a report that calculates the commission payable by policy.  In the query (T-SQL), I'm extracting all of the commission transactions and policy numbers.  I've elected not to group everything in the query itself, but in the Crystal Report.  I'm suppressing the detail section completely (no conditions, no formula).  Now, I've created a summary that summarizes all of the commission transactions for each policy.  I put the result of the summary in the group footer along side the policy number.  I'd like to suppress the group footer (the header is suppressed with no conditions like the detail section) if the result of the summary = 0.  I don't have it in front of me right now, but this is what I've tried:
  • in the section expert for that particular group's footer (the area I'd like to conditionally suppress), check the suppress checkbox.
  • get into the suppression formula right there and the formula is something like "sum(Transaction_AMT,Policy_NBR) = 0"
  • this should suppress the group footer if the result of the summary of commission transactions for a particular policy turns out to be 0.
This works fine while the report is running straight against the database with the SQL script I wrote, but when the SQL script is implemented in one of the universes we're using and I map the reports fields to the new universe fields, the suppression formulas no longer work as expected.  It seems like universe reports won't let me suppress groups based on the results of group summaries or running totals.  Is there something I'm missing here?

Here is kind of what it looks like:
PolicyGroupFooter        #xxxxxxxx            $50,000.00
PolicyGroupFooter        #yyyyyyyy                     $0.00
PolicyGroupFooter        #zzzzzzzz                   $10.00

In the detail section exists all of the commission transactions for these particular policies, but I've suppressed that section altogether.  I want to suppress policy #yyyyyyyy, but using the above formula doesn't work with a universe report, for some reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks


Edited by jakbo - 07 Aug 2009 at 4:30pm
IP IP Logged
jakbo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote jakbo Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 6:57am
Nothing?
IP IP Logged
jakbo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote jakbo Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 8:25am
This website is f**king useless.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum