Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Problem with running total field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sacramento
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote sacramento Replybullet Topic: Problem with running total field
     Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 5:01pm
Hi to all:
 
I had insert a running total field in my report with the option "evaluate" clicked in "On change of Group"...that's mean the RTF(running total field) sort the sum of each group that we have in the report...so far so good...
 
The problem that I had find is the RTF sum the first value of the group that are in the page 2...I have the sum in the first page all the values for each group and more the sum of the value of the first group of the second page...strange no?
 
Everyone know what I can do to resolve this problem?
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 5:29pm
1.  Running total must be placed on detial sections or footers and not headers in order for them to display the correct data.
2. Evaluate set to "on change of group" means it will only include the first row in the group for whatever he RT is doing (SUM, count, average, etc.)
IP IP Logged
sacramento
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote sacramento Replybullet Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 7:37am

Hi:

The RT as been put in the footer page,and I had choose the "on change of group" because i need the sum of each group...

The problem remain and i think everything it's ok no?
 
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 8:10am
If you want the SUM of each group set it to evaluate "for each record" and RESET at the "group level" and place it on the GF.
 
 
IP IP Logged
sacramento
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote sacramento Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 12:25am
Hi:
 
I had evaluate "for each record" and reset at the "change of group level",and place it on GF(i mean is group footer right)?
The result are:
1 - The RTF sum all the records for each group
2 - The RTF appears on each group
 
THis 2 points that's all I don't want...
1 - I want that RTF sum the records for each group and not for each record
2 - The result appears in the Page footer
 
That I said in my first post, is that I want...the problem and i don't know why is the RTF sum the first group in the next page...If this not happen the RTF are perfect...
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 10:09am
Well I am onbiviously not underswtanding your terminolgy but I will again try to assist you. IF I am wrong again cvan you please post sample data as you have it grouped and how you want it to show with the RT?
Here is my guess based on your last post. It  is happening because you have it to Never Reset and you are placing it on the Page Footer. It will display what you asked it to up to the point of the rows that have been read pre page and then keep summing it per page.
You would have to reset it per page. I do not have my crystal in front of me and am not sure that is an option if not you willhave to use variables instead of a RT.
IP IP Logged
sacramento
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote sacramento Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 3:17pm
Hi:
 
I would like to post my report,but I think this forum can't support attached files no?
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum