Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: suppress sub col values - several questions Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crystalreport12
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote crystalreport12 Replybullet Topic: suppress sub col values - several questions
     Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 3:19pm
Hi,
 
I faced these questions in an interview and was unable to answer it correctly.
 
1) If I have 100 reports each having a company logo, how can I dynamically change the reports to reflect the new company logo as companies merge etc?
 
Rather than having an object inserted and then having to change each of the 100 reports individually, I believe we can provide a link to a file on a network within each report template and then change just the one file to dynamically reflect the change across all 100 reports.
 
2) If I have a colmn that has a main value and then some sub values that are blank, how can I suppress those blanks and move the entire row one notch up?
 
example:
 
emp_id     emp_name    supervisor_name  salary_perks
1                abc               xyz                               100,000
                                                                    com      2000
 
                                                                     dine       100
                                                                     
 
                                                                      lodge       50
2                pqr                uvw                                80,000
 
 
I want to be able to move up the rows that have the salary_perks values BLANK. Is there a conditional formula I can use?
 
Also, does anyone know of crystal reports interview links for all levels ?
 
Any help is much appreciated.
 
Thanks in advance!
crystalreport12
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 5:11pm
1. Yes you can replace the file of the logo using teh same name with a new logo
2. This depends on the set up but there are different ways to suppress rows. I assume the set up is a group on Emp Name and detail rows below that. If you go into the Section Expert there is an option to suppress blank section. Or you can write a formula on any condition to suppress it. E.g. isnull(table.salery_perk) or table.salery_perk=0
 
I am not aware of any standard questions or even levels. There are only a few crystal writers at my agency and we all do other tasks on top of report writing so we have a flat level for that. Perhaps otehrs know of this...
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum