Hello Crystal Experts!
Thank you in advance for your help!
We have a set of reports written with Oracle/Crystal Reports 2008. We also use CMC and InfoView to make reports available.
We have a single Oracle instance, with 3 oracle accounts/schemas for a given project, for example, abc_dev, abc_test, and abc_prod. Each schema owns an identical set of tables and views that are used in the reports.
I am currently in a position where I need to get a set of reports running for all 3 schemas, and will need to do so for each project that comes along (eg, xyz_dev, xyz_test, xyz_prod, etc).
To-date, I have used the “Set DataSource Location” to point to correct tables. But I realize I will be facing a maintenance nightmare if I multiply these reports with a different data source in each one. I will end up with 3 copies of the report for each project we have, and there are likely to be changes to the reports that would need to be propagated to all copies. As there is a set of 10+ reports, I am sure you can understand my concern.
Would it be possible to pass a parameter to the report and dynamically change the schema looked at.
Any assistance or advice on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated!!!Thank you!