Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
vpriyanka2001
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 28 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
Quote vpriyanka2001 Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports
     Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:34am
Need help from the Crystal Gurus,

My Customer is already using a report in which the Parameter Field has START  Date and End Date, now she wants to see the same Start date and End Date field on the Report.

Current report does ask for the parameter but does not Display them on Report.

When I right click on EDIT parameter and see The Type used in Parameter for the Date is "Date".

Any Idea how can I DISPLAY the dates on report.


IP IP Logged
gavsmith
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote gavsmith Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:47am
You should just be able to drag the parameter fields onto the report, unless I'm reading your question wrong. Hope that helps.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:53am
If you are using only one parameter for both dates you need to create two formula fields to display them
Start Date as...
Minimum({?Date}
End date as ....
Maximum({?Date}
Now you can use these as any other field and drag and drop.
IP IP Logged
vpriyanka2001
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 28 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
Quote vpriyanka2001 Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 9:55am
I have an already Existing report, it is getting data straight from the table.
Reissue Dates is the parameter used with Type as Date.

When I refresh the report it ask me a Date Range (Start Date & End Date)
I want to display the Start date and end date on my report but unable to do that as when I Drag the date parameter on Page Header (It shows Blank)

Selection Formula for record has this criteria:

{audit.action} = "ISSUEREISSUE" and
{audit.action_qualifier} = "REOPOLICY" and
{audit.updatedate} = {?Reissue Dates}

.................................
I tried to create a Command Field (eg)
select updatewho,
ISN,
Action,
action_qualifier,
updatedate
from Audit
where updatedate = {?Begin Date} and
updatedate ={?End Date}.

Now I can Drag Begin Date and End Date to my Page header but when I refresh I see 4 Date parameters.

I tried to remove (?Reissue Dates Parameter) but cannot do that so thought of Changing.

"Selection Formula for record has this criteria:

{audit.action} = "ISSUEREISSUE" and
{audit.action_qualifier} = "REOPOLICY" and
{audit.updatedate} = {?Begin date} and
{audit.updatedate} = {?End date}

After I changed the criteria I cannot see data.

I hope I am able to explain my situation.


Basically after creating Command writing SQL, now I have 3 Parameters to enter and I need 2 only.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 9:59am

in the original report use my post from above...

If you are using only one parameter for both dates you need to create two formula fields to display them
Start Date as...
Minimum({?Reissue Dates}
End date as ....
Maximum({?Reissue Dates}
Now you can use these as any other field and drag and drop into the header to display the date range.


Edited by DBlank - 06 Aug 2009 at 10:00am
IP IP Logged
vpriyanka2001
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 28 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
Quote vpriyanka2001 Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 6:24am

Hi,

I am able to create Start date and End Date parameters but my problem is I cannot remove  the parameter: App ENtered Dates and now when I refresh I see 3 Prompts : App Entered date, Start Date and End date.

Is there any way I can suppress the start date and end date parameter on refresh and still use them on my page header.





IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 6:46am
No.
In order for any data to appear in any field that references a paramter the parameter must have a value entered at runtime.
IP IP Logged
vpriyanka2001
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 28 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
Quote vpriyanka2001 Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 8:45am
Ooh Ok,

Just another question.

I have one Parameter Field named as Reissue Dates, this parameter is used in In Selection Formulas It's picked as Record Selection:

{audit.action} = "ISSUEREISSUE" and
{audit.action_qualifier} = "REOPOLICY" and
{audit.updatedate} = {?Reissue Dates}


The parameter is named as: Reissue Dates, Type used is Dates and List of values static and in Value Options allow range as : TRUE.

I am unable to create a formula, I would really appreciate your help.
The field name for the date I am using is : audit.updatedate.
Thanks,
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 8:52am
So you need a select satement that gives you a range instead of 1 day?
 
{audit.action} = "ISSUEREISSUE" and
{audit.action_qualifier} = "REOPOLICY" and
{audit.updatedate} in minimum({?Reissue Dates}) to maximum({?Reissue Dates})
 
 
IP IP Logged
vpriyanka2001
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 28 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
Quote vpriyanka2001 Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 9:10am
select updatewho,
ISN,
Action,
action_qualifier,
updatedate
from Audit
where (what criteria i NEED HERE) TO GET 2  DATE PROMPTS.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum