Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: RPT taking too much time to load... Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
newcrystal
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote newcrystal Replybullet Topic: RPT taking too much time to load...
     Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 3:12pm
Hello, I'm having troubles with one Crystal rpt.
 
The report has to load 700 000 records.
 
The status bar shows the "Accessing Database" message only for a few seconds, but the "Reading Records" message stay for a lot of time.
 
I have noticed that while "Reading Records", they are being transferred in groups of 10 000, I mean, it says for example 2 of 2 then 10 002 of 10 002 then 20 002 of 20 002 then 30 002 of 30 002 and so on until 700 000... That takes a lot of time...
 
I want to know what may be causing the delay...
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:14am
how many columns...think about it, Crystal is creating it's own version of the data.  The more rows and columns it has to deal with the longer it is going to take.  For that matter, do a select in sql and see how long it takes to display 700,000...
 
I would suggest trying to cut down the number or records that Crystal is reading.  I doubt that you are using all the records, as the report would become unreadable, just too long.  If all the records are detail, and you are only reporting on the summary values, create a stored proc, get your summaries and return that dataset to the report.  It will be a much smaller set of records and speed the report along.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum