Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Looping in crystal Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kurtzky
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote kurtzky Replybullet Topic: Looping in crystal
     Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 12:10am

Hi all. Is it possible to do a looping within a formula? can anyone give me a syntax of, say, for-loop..

 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:24am
look in Help. pretty much like any programming language.  I don't know the syntax off the top of my head...I refer to the help file.
IP IP Logged
kurtzky
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote kurtzky Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 4:36pm
oops sorry, coz the crystal reports that I'm using is Seagate crystal report 7.0.0.. I think there's no looping in here..
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 7:04am
Nope, no looping in Crystal 7.  doesn't 'arrive' until 8 or 8.5
 
I think, you will have to do the looping yourself....Lots of if then lines. And that might not be enough.
 
The easiest way, in this situation, is to get the data via a stored proc, you can do the looping in the stored proc and return the value that you need in a column.  My reports tend to have lots of columns, since I believe in letting each type of software do what it is best at...SQL for the data and Crystal for the display.
 
I know, this is not always possible.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum