Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Same Custom Function across subreports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dgronich
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2009
Location: Israel
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dgronich Replybullet Topic: Same Custom Function across subreports
     Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 6:48am
Hi guys,
 
I have a report that includes many subreports that are similar in nature. In all of them I have to repeat the same action for which I can create a custom function. Does anybodu knows if I have to create this function for every subreport - or can I somehow create it just once - and still use it from all subreports? I did not manage to find how this can be done.
 
Thanks!
Dror Gronich
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 9:48am
You can't use it for all subreports without it actually being in the subreport.  However, here is what I would do:
 
1.  Create the formula in the main report. 
2.  Place the formula object on the report.
3.  Cut or copy it to the clipboard.
4.  Paste it into each subreport where it's required.
5.  If necessary, delete the object off of the report layout.  It will still exist in the Formulas section of the Object Browser.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum