Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Object Positioning Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Shawn
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 May 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Shawn Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Object Positioning
     Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 3:38pm

I know this topic has been visited at least a million times before but here goes...

I have a series of 10 text field objects that are stacked one atop the other within a subreport and all within the same section.  Each text field needs to be able to grow but not overlap the next field beneath it.  I have two problems:

1. How do I know whether or not one of my text field objects has grown?

2. How do I dynamically move the objects further down in the section if one of the objects above it have grown?

Please tell me conditional Y positioning is available in 2008.

Any help will be greatly appreaciated

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 4:59pm
Is there a reason you are not just placing these on there own distinct sections and allowing the sections to grow ...Details A, details B, details C, etc... ?
IP IP Logged
Shawn
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 May 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Shawn Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 2:55pm
It's a very large report (over 75 pages) wherein the layout design has more information being displayed adjacent to the table (the stacked fields) that I'm adding.
 
I can't introduce new sections for each field without breaking the layout for the fields that are already displayed.  They're fixed in size and will not grow.
 
I need a magic solution that will work within 1 section.  Without being to dynamically change the vertical position of a cell, I can't see a way around using formulas to suppress/show about 60 different field sizes and positions for each table.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 3:07pm
Sorry, I do not know of any way for crystal to do what you want.
 
IP IP Logged
Shawn
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 May 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Shawn Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 3:21pm
No worries.  Maybe it's possible to create custom functions to determine whether or not a cell has grown and change its y-coordinates (reposition it).
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum