Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: subreports running across multiple pages Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
yiba69
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote yiba69 Replybullet Topic: subreports running across multiple pages
     Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 12:02am
Dear friends,

I'm a new bie for CR and I've got just a simple (I hope) question. 

I'm preparing a report in which I've the main report with a subreport.  The sub report is not based on a group record.

I just would like to, in case of a long list of records in the subreport, part of those rows go to the next page but with the column headers.  If this is not possible, depending on the number of total records (something like if TotalRecords > 10, for example), move the whole subreport on the next page.  I tried this last solution but the problem is, since I used the "New Page After" formatting, when the number of records in the subreports doesnot exceed 10, it prints the subreport on the first page (which is good) but it adds also a blank page.

Any idea ?

Thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 1:31pm
try  in the new page after formula (section expert, x-1 button)
not onFirstRecord
 
IP IP Logged
yiba69
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote yiba69 Replybullet Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 6:07am
Thanx but in the "New Page After" what ?  Report Header of the subreport, Detail of the subreport or Report Footer of the sub report ?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 9:18am
where ever you put the new page after....instead of the check mark, click the 'X-1' button to the right.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum