Hi, DBlank, asked to me to take a look. How odd...
I don't connect via ODBC or OLE anymore, only ADO.Net, but this is what I need to do, everytime I change the dataset (stored proc) for my report.
Go to database/database location/select the connection/select the table(stored proc) inside the connection, right click and select 'Refresh'
click OK, go to Database/Verify Database.
If I don't do all those steps, the report doesn't update/'see' the new data structure.
Do you have multiple databases? If so, the data connection(odbc) is pointing to the wrong database....done that. Also, I have used the wrong sp name...done that too, takes forever to realize that you are looking at the wrong proc.
I can't think of any reason that a field wouldn't show up. Is it a new field?
Also as a last test, try creating a report from scratch using the sp, the field should be there, if not, I would guess that the report is looking some at the wrong connection.
Hope this helps