Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Windows Vista- Crystal reports 10- ODBC connection Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
namitanamburi
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Quote namitanamburi Replybullet Topic: Windows Vista- Crystal reports 10- ODBC connection
     Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 11:29am
Hello

I have installed CR 10 application on my Xp desktop, it works fine.

I have also installed it on my vista laptop, the application has been installed successfully but when I try to connect to database using ODBC connection ,It returns an error

The driver installed is not compatible with ODBC behavior ora- 01643 etc.

I have installed the drivers with the help of this forum.

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7856674

FYI,this is 64 bit laptop with OS vista.In this  laptop after loading drivers from above forum

I can make a  ODBC connection under

Control panel- admin tools- odbc connection

But when I open the Crystal reports 10 application and run an existing report or create a new report and make a DB connection under database expert- new connection - then ODBC connection and key in the username and passeord ,  it returns

login failed

ora -06143, setconnectionattr failed etc.

Is it a problem with ODBC in vista or with Crystal reports and vista.

I read vista related posts in your forum about CR X1 service pack 2 and vista but couldn't figure out what is it.

Please help.
Nammu
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum