Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Topic: Sub Report Problem Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 2:21pm
I have four sub reports that I have merged into a Main report. My Group is on @Sort ( Employee Last Name + SSN#). I currently do not have any of the reports linked to one another. Each report contains employee data and not every report has an exact match of data across the four reports. In other words an employee could have data in one or two of the sub reports and not the others. My report seems to be pulling in my entire employee population. I have set a ISActive formula to try and filter the non essential employees out, but that is not working well. The big issues is I'm getting the entire four sub reports for every employees name, over and over again. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.....I have spent hours trying to figure this out.
Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 7:00am
Thank you !!!! I did as you indicated and it is working much better, but I have one residual problem. If the employee does not have any activity for one of the given sub-reports that section is still displaying (blank). I have the supress Blank Section checked off for each GF. Is there something else I need to do to hide the blank sections? Would a Suppress Formula under the Format Sections work?
Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 8:05am
I have come across one more issue. I can't seem to edit the SQL now that the 4 sub-reports are linked etc. I have done a large amount of formatting from within the main report, so re-importing isn't a good option since the original version no longer matched the current sub-report. Have I backed myself into a corner? Is there a way to edit the SQL now?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum