Topic: Report text limited to two pages? Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 4:52am
I've recently been tasked with fixing a commonly used report that pulls
information from a notes field and places it on the report. The report
worked fine in 90% of its usage, but if there is a large amount of text
in the field then it would get off partway through. After some digging
I found that the "can grow" option was set to 50 lines, so I set it to
0 and called it a day.
A week later I received a call back saying that the report was
now displaying more text than it was, up to two pages and not a word more. Here is where
I'm having issues, Anything that has enough text to exceed 2 pages gets
cut off and a blank third page prints. I know that the text itself is
not getting cut because if I lower the font size then I get more of the
text printing on the first two pages and then the third page will
always print blank. The blank page does not print if there isn't enough
text to need three pages for it.
The text is returned through a stored procedure and Crystal is labeling
it as a MEMO field, which I'm placing into the details section of the
report.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 6:47am
I don't have memo fields, much less that big, but it would seem to be a limitation of Crystal. You might try splitting up the memo field, say display the first 5000 chars in one box and the next 5000 in another (or what ever is a better value for the 2 pages). This will get you 4 pages, easy, and can be expanded upon.
Thanks so much for your help. I got it to work by creating two formulas to display the first and second 6000 characters of the text and I can just create more if there are problems in the future. I also had to create multiple details sections to prevent overlap.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum